viernes, 20 de octubre de 2017

Working with stories

In this activitie we have been said to present some stories to children and designed : Before , while after activities
 So we have some different stories and we have to create activities  to work with this aspects that i had previoulsly mentioned.



Before  Having heard the story

The Rainbow fish
To Capture their attention and let them make predictions about what the book is going to be about I will show them the cover of the book and I will ask them what they think the story is going to be about? And if they have heard it before?
I will also tell them to identify ways that make them different from their peers , such as different hair colour , eyes colour etc.
I will also ask them if they have a fish on their homes.
Later, I will ask them what do they know about fishes and where do they life and do.
To connect prior knowledge and experience
I will do a power point with some images of the words that appears in the story that they already know, but to revise them.
Octopus, Star fish, Cave, Sea.


While we are hearing the story activities
Activity 1.
When we arrive to the part when no one wants to be Rainbow fish friend will ask them how they might feel if no one wants to be their friends.
And I will choose some students to go out and perform how they will feel.
I will do the same in the part in where Rainbow fish gives one of his scales to The Little blue fish.
I will ask students if they would give a scale to someone if they had one.



 Activity 2
I will give them a Table in where  I made four different coloumns i will write this in each of them .
1. First
2.  Next
3. Then
 4. Last

 I will give them this pictures and they will have to glue them in the correct order.












Rainbow fish gives his scales away
Rainbow fish meets the little blue fish
Rainbow fish meets the Octopus
Rainbow fish was alone 

After 
I will draw a big fish on a white  big cardboard and I will give some colour tissue papers to students so they will have to glue all the tissue colours papers on the fish . That way all togeher we will be participing on creating our Rainbow fish .
Once we have finished doing it we will put it on a class space that we are all going to decide which .That Way children could remember always the story by the creation of their fish they  created.


The tortoise and the Hare

Before activities
  
Before starting any activity firstly i will tell them that we are going to study the Tortoise and the Hare story.
I will tell them that this story is a fable and I will explain them what a fable consists on . 
Which animal they will like to be?  and  If they know others fables.
 
 Motivating activity
Activity one: 
I will draw a chalk - truck on the classroom floor with a finish line on the end.
I will tell students that we are going to do a race some of them are going to be tortoise the others are going to be Hares.
I will tell them that they will have to move as if they were hares ant tortoise walking, and they have to go to arrive to the finish line on the first place.
We will see who arrive first, if the ones that are tortoise or the ones that are hares. 
Learn new vocabulary or connect with previous knowledge
Activity 2:
 I will ask them if they know what is a hare if they don´t know I will explain them.
Connect with previous knowledge

 Activity 3:
 I will perform some actions that tortoise and herbs do or not do, and they will have to tell me if they do or not do that, and who do it the herb or the tortoise or if both do it.
Jump, eating grass, walk slowly, fly, run fast, Eating meat, Swim.


While

Activity 1

I will give students some real images from things that had really happened on the book , and others which i have changed them .
Students must identified and tick the ones that really happens in the story and they have to cross out the ones that i invented.

The images will be the following ones :
One in which the hare wins the race.
The hare falls to sleep.
The tortoise makes laugh of the hare.
The tortoise win the race .

Activity 2

I will stop in the part in where the tortoise challenge the hare to do a race and tell him that she will win the race . The hare told the tortoise that she couldnt win him .
I will tell the students to think about a situation in where someone told them that they couldnt do a thing but they didn´t give up and finally they achieved it .
I will tell them to tell me this moments and how do they feel when the finally achieve what they want.

Activity 3 
I wil give each student one worksheet in where they have to match one word from the story with his corresponding picture.
Tortoise : Picture of the tortoise
Hare : Picture of the Hare
Race : Picture of a race
Finish line : Picture of a finish line
Other animals : Picture of the other animals.

After activities
Activity 1 
I will give each students some paper with explanations of how they can do their own puppets of the tortoise and the hare .
So we will do it and later i will ask some students to go out and perform some parts of the story with the puppets that they had made .
I will read the part of the story that they have to perform and they will do it by the same time im reading .
"Five little monkeys jumping on the bed"
Before activities
Making predictions
I will show them the books cover and ask them if they know what the book is going to be about?
I will ask them if they could predict what things are the monkeys of the story going to do .

Connect with previous knowledge
I will ask them if they know what kind of animal is a monkey ?
Do you know where they life ? What do they eat?
What do they do?
When i ask them this last question , i will tell them to behave like if they where real monkeys.

While activities
Activity 1 
We will Make five little monkeys flashcards images  , and other flashcards in where we will draw a one a two a three , four , five .
We will have a white cardboard  with a  drawing of a bed on it .
And also we will have a little box on the top right corner of the cardboard 
The activity consists on sticking the 5 little monkeys on the bed and place the number 5 in the box . Then while we are telling the story we will remove the monkeys one by one  ( as they fall off the bed)
Children will have to know how many monkeys are on the bed on each time , and they have to put the correct number of monkeys on the  box .

We could also teach children about ordinal positions  1st, 2nd 3rd , 4th and 5th
Activity 2 
 We can make pictures of the five little monkeys activities that they do before going to bed .
1 . Take a bath
2. Put on their pijamas
3 Brush their teeths
They will have to put it on the correct order .
Later on we will chek if they have put them on the correct order .  Then I will ask them which things they do before going to bed  , and i wil tell some of them to go out and to show the class how they do them , and who tells them to do them .










No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario